Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Talisman Tales

After that first talisman for little Ben, I was inspired to make talismans for family and friends who were having particular problems.  Let me share just a few of them with you here.

I made an easy-to-wear stretchy bracelet of amethyst, garnet, and rose quartz for an anxious new mother and her colicky baby.  

A woman I know does amazing healing work with animals, using homeopathy, reiki, Chinese medicine, and more.   While she's extremely skilled and certainly doesn't need my help, I figured I'd just add to her healing tools, and made a simple wrap bracelet of amethyst, sodalite, and green aventurine.  Here's why I chose those three.
Read the entire post at my new blogsite.  Learn about how you can choose a talisman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't know all that about Amethyst? I have a big chunk a friend gave me; I should keep it in my pocket!
Are there stones with negative properties? Or does that depend on the person and her particular needs?
What's good for frustration??
Gin and tonic?

Peg said...

Margaret -

While I couldn't prescribe a gin & tonic, it may indeed help your frustration levels. Lord knows I've been known to have a wee nip every now and then myself.

I'm sure I could identify some gemstone that would aid in your mental attitude as well. In fact, the calming aspects of your chunk of amethyst would be helpful.

I wouldn't say that there are gems with negative properties, per se, but there are ones that would not be helpful to a particular person. Could they hurt? Not in my opinion, but there are many better minds than mine that may disagree.

Stay tuned for the next entry that'll talk about how to choose a gemstone that's right for you!